“Realism” and “Abstraction”… an antithesis of styles. One a representation of truthful reality, capturing the world accurately as it truly exists. The other departing from natural appearance to explore a deeper, more emotional level. Realism can leave little to the imagination, while abstraction can tell the story behind a scene through shifted perspectives, simplification or exaggeration of forms, and experimentation with color and intensity. For this show, we invite you to blur the lines between realism and abstraction and see what you discover.
- Open to any artist age 18 and up.
- Artists may submit 1-2 original works created in the last 2 years, which have not previously been exhibited at Blue Ridge Arts Center.
- General Entry: $35.00 for 1-2 works
- BRAC Members: $30.00 for 1-2 works
- Students: $20.00 for1-2 works
Entry fee is non-refundable and due when entry is
submitted. Proceeds fund BRAC operating expenses.
Any 2D or 3D media is welcome.
- Work must be securely framed and wired.
- Gallery wrapped canvases may be unframed, if all edges are finished/painted.
- Must sit solidly or be mounted for hanging.
- Artwork must require no assembly.
- Jewelry must be presented in a shadow box.
REQUIRED: Complete Entry Paperwork Online By:
- Thursday, May 11 at 5:00pm
- Click here to submit online today!
- Friday, May 12: 1:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, May 13: 10:00am-1:00pm
Exhibition on View:
- OPENING RECEPTION: May 19 (5:30-7:00 pm)
- May 19 through June 23, 2023
End of Show Pick-Up (no early pick-ups):
- Saturday, June 24: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Best in Show: $500
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $150
- Honorable Mention (2): $50
- Artists may offer their work for sale.
- BRAC will retain a 35% sales commission.
- Work must remain for the duration of the show. No early pick-ups.