Get Your Artwork Seen!
The Blue Ridge Arts Center offers its members
many opportunities to show their artwork.
The Members Gallery was created to give our members more opportunities to show their artwork. The space holds about 15 medium to large 2D pieces on the walls and has room for 5 to 10 pedestals for 3D pieces.
- To show in the Members Gallery, you must be a member of the Art Center.
- Proposals will be accepted once a year and reviewed by committee and selection to fill the available slots.
- 70% of work must be for sale. A 35% commission will be paid to the Art Center
- We encourage the following:
- Theme and/or title for the show
- New work created just for the show
- Two artist shows – one 2D and one 3D
A request for proposals is sent late summer for the following year. Proposals must include the following:
- Artist(s) name
- Title or Theme for show
- Will the artwork be created for this show?
- Any other details or comments that you think we should know
- Images of your work.
DEADLINE for Submisions for 2023 Members Gallery Shows is OCTOBER 7, 2022
As a Art Center member, you will be able to display in the annual Members’ Show. If you choose, you can also take part in the Juried Show, the Photography Show, and other themed show(s) each year.
Occasionally, we feature a one-person show in the main gallery. Depending on the size of your work, you will need at least 50 pieces to properly fill the space.
This space is often used to promote upcoming classes. From time to time it is used for a one-person show. Depending on the size of your work, you will need 15 to 20 pieces to properly fill the space.
As a member you will be able to participate in our Member Challenges. These Member Challenges will be hung in the Foyer. Challenges will hopefully motivate our members to explore new directions as artists… who knows where it might lead. Artists are encouraged to create new work specifically for these Challenges, not pull from inventory.
In addition to our galleries in Seneca, we want to promote your art in our Online Gallery as well!. Each member is invited to submit a short bio/artist statement along with up to 3 images and a link to their website or Facebook page. When you renew your membership each year, you are encouraged to submit new images to keep your newest work in front of our web audience. You can submit work for the Online Gallery, but clicking here.